Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 22:51:50 +0200
From:      Karsten Patzwaldt <karsten@gedankenpolizei.de>
To:        Behcet Sarikaya <sarikaya@u-aizu.ac.jp>
Subject:   Re: Yamaha DS-XG Sound Card or Chip?

On Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 01:00:08PM +0900, Behcet Sarikaya wrote:
> Have anyone successfully configured this card on FreeBSD? I think it is
> an on board sound chip
> in my Dell desktop.

Quite possible, but there's no driver available for it yet. OSS has a
kernel module, but this doesn't work with 4.0. Sigh.

But Yamaha has released the programming information, including two
sample programs, for their PCI chipsets. The ALSA guys have them, look
at

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa/ftp/manuals/yamaha/pci/

for what Yamaha gave out.

Is there anyone who is experienced in writing drivers for FreeBSD and
who has some time left to give it a try? I thought about doing it
myself, but I'm more of an application programmer 8)

Regards,

	-- Karsten