Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2019 04:13:16 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
To:        BulkMailForRudy <crapsh@monkeybrains.net>, net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Running PPPoE server in jail, possible with VNET?

21.02.2019 3:37, BulkMailForRudy wrote:

> Dear FreeBSD-net,
>
> PPPoE has some broadcast ethernet frames...
>
> I have epair0a on my bridge and epair0b in the jail, but the jail doesn't get any PADI (PPPoE packets destinged to ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff).
>
> Is there a way to have bridge pass broadcast ethernet frames? (tcpdump in the jail shows no PADI packets)
>
> Right now, I have netgraph cranking out ncX devices for the PPPoE clients, and I'd like to stuff that mess in a jail so I can run ifconfig on the host and not see a mess.

You do not need jail to limit output of ifconfig.
Each network interface in FreeBSD can belong to one or more interface groups.
First add all your interfaces except of ng* to some new interface group with ifconfig(8), then use:

alias ifconfig='/sbin/ifconfig -g groupname'

Or create new short alias ifc='/sbin/ifconfig -g groupname'
for short output.