Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 19:38:59 +0000
From:      "stuart richardson" <stuart_richardson@msn.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installation problem

Hello,
I remain a novice.
I'm attempting to install FreeBSD 4.4 from cd. There's no
problem with booting so far as I can tell. No problem
resolving conflicts. After that information is saved the
Probing devices message appears and locks - forever. This
happens no matter how I start. Working on it for four
days has been unrewarding. The machine is running well.
RAM 64, single hard disk 4 GB, 2 GB for Free BSD.
Help!
Thanks a lot,
Stuart Richardson