Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 14:33:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      udo.wolter@charite.de
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FXTV missing channels

Hi !

I'm using FreeBSD 3.1 and fxtv (V0.48) and it works quite ok now. But:
There are 2 channels in our cable which cannot be displayed. These
channels are in the region of about ~147 and ~154 MHz (they're just
placed side by side). Funny, in Win98/Win95 these channels are very well
to see. So where's the difference ? I really tried the whole frequency-
band in this area (from 140MHz upto 160MHz in .1 steps) but I couldn't
get them to work. The rest of the channels are working fine and I've found
all of them (even my video-channels). Has anyone had similar results ?

BTW, VGA card is a Diamond Viper with 16MB & TVout, TV card is a Typhoon
Tuner with Temic tuner (booting says it's NTSC, but after using BKTR_PLL
it also could be switched to PAL) and BT848 chip.

Thanx & Bye,
		Udo

BTW.: Is it normal that the TV card has to be placed in the first PCI
      slot ? In the other slots the whole PC hung up when starting the
      TV application. It also did the same in Win98/95. Only in the first
      PCI slot where it shares the VGA IRQ it works fine.
--
Udo Wolter, email: uwp@i.am, www: http://i.am/uwp
!!!! LOW-TECH Page: http://hello.to/low-tech !!!!