Date:      Sun, 04 Jan 1998 16:51:46 -0500
From:      Andrew and Tonya <sweettr2@interaccess.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HELP!!!!!!

My name is Andrew, and I am trying to install FreeBsd 2.2.2 stable on a
486 33Mhz system.  It has a network card and a scsi bus system.  The
problem I am having is configuring Freebsd to access the ethernet card.
It does'nt appear to have a problem with locating the card installed
with the proper addr/io/irq settings.  But I cannot proceed through the
CONFIG-NETWORKING-INTERFACES section of the /stand/sysinstall program.
It persistently tells me that my IP address is incorrect.  What am i
doing wrong, or where can I simply add the IP of my choice in a config
file and just get it over with once and for all!!!!

Also, I am trying to install a second scsi disk.  I cannot find any info
in the handbook on how to format the disk with freebsd and then mount
it.....  I'm obviously no UNIX guru.  But I have had some sysadmin
experience on HPs. But that doesn't seem to help here. Anyway, thankyou
very much for your time.

					Lost in FreeBSD,

					Andrew Reed