Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 2001 19:24:06 -0000
From:      "Jason Halbert" <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Kernel Panics at fast ftp and http transfers

I'm having a problem with my kernel panicking when I'm transferring
files across my 100Mbps LAN.  It does it both when I'm transferring
from the ftp and from the web server (apache).  I do notice a high
number of collisions when I look at the hub and I'm not sure what's
going on there.  I have tried with other boxes and had other people
with fast connections via the net transfer files at high speeds (up to
100k/s) with no problem.  Also, usually the process that was running
isn't ftpd or httpd.  It's usually seti-at-home (./setiathome) or the
idle process (Idle).

Any ideas on this?  I'm running 4.2-RELEASE and I didn't have this
problem with 4.1.1-RELEASE.

Thanks as always
---
| Jason P. Halbert                 | jason@jason-n3xt.org |
| Transmitter Maintenance Engineer | DALnet: Push^Pop     |
| KC5WEG                           | ICQ#: 86637300       |
| KDAF-TV WB 33                    | (214) 252-3300       |
| KDTX-TV 58                       | (972) 399-0058       |
|            Fortune favors the well prepared.            |
|                  http://jason-n3xt.org                  |