Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 21:19:57 +0200
From:      Roger Svenning <ros@switch.no>
To:        Trevin Chow <tmchow@sfu.ca>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SV: Firewall rules causing SSH disconects?

Hi

Make sure you don't have any IP address conflicts on the network, either
involving your local machine or the server.

This is just a long shot but it happened to me some weeks ago and it took me
days to figure out as the disconnects sometimes occured just seconds after I
connected and sometimes it took several hours.

I've also had a problem with some dedicated firewalls that disconnects idle
connections after a given amount of time.

-Roger