Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2018 14:54:22 +0200
From:      Ben RUBSON <ben.rubson@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-scsi <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: problems with SAS JBODs 2

On 03 Jul 2018 14:28, Oliver Sech wrote:

> Once I disconnect the SAS cable, wait until all devices disapear and
> reconnect I get all sorts of problems.
> -> a random number of disks shows up and the enclosure "ses" do not show up
> Once I restart the system I can start over again.

Hi,

I faced same sort of issue but with iSCSI disks.
At least disks did not disconnect properly, and did not reconnect until a
reboot was performed.
Among the needed iSCSI patches, a GEOM one has been pushed :
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/commit/ea40366602be7548eba0bec35fec46ea4509dbb7
(it's in 11.2, but not in your 11.1).
Perhaps this could help.

Ben