Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:32:03 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Suo-Anttila" <jps@funeralexchange.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   /lib/libpthread.so.0: No such file or directory. Errors with Linux Jdk1.4.0.1 & Resin or Tomcat

I have been experiencing allot of java crashes (2-3 some days) with the
following error code every time it happens. If any one could tell me what I
can do to prevent future crashes from happening or how I can get more info
from the crash and find a way to patch my system to make them work that
would be great. The errors are listed below along with other info. Also if
anyone else has had the same problems please let me know and I will submit a
pr for this.

I have already upgraded to the latest linux_base last night from linux_base6
and reinstalled the linux-sun-jdk.1.4.0.1 from the ports.

Thanks

Jeremy Suo-Anttila
jps@funeralexchange.com

GNU gdb 4.18 (FreeBSD)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
Core was generated by `java'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Abort trap.
/lib/libpthread.so.0: No such file or directory.
#0  0x280ae5c1 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x280ae5c1 in ?? ()
#1  0x280af9a8 in ?? ()
#2  0x283830a2 in ?? ()
#3  0x283800ac in ?? ()
#4  0x28383b2a in ?? ()
#5  0x28382844 in ?? ()
#6  0x28070796 in ?? ()
#7  0xbfbfffdb in ?? ()
#8  0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#9  0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#10 0x2a09eebc in ?? ()
#11 0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#12 0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#13 0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#14 0x2a09f299 in ?? ()
#15 0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#16 0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#17 0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#18 0x2a09f299 in ?? ()
#19 0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#20 0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#21 0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#22 0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#23 0x2a09f299 in ?? ()
#24 0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#25 0x2a09ef93 in ?? ()
#26 0x2a09ee3b in ?? ()
#27 0x2a09f299 in ?? ()
#28 0x2a09f299 in ?? ()
#29 0x2a09c195 in ?? ()
#30 0x282e74f6 in ?? ()
#31 0x2838244d in ?? ()
#32 0x282e7644 in ?? ()
#33 0x282e70a7 in ?? ()
#34 0x282e7ad7 in ?? ()
#35 0x2832ce53 in ?? ()
#36 0x283bafda in ?? ()
#37 0x283b7544 in ?? ()
#38 0x28380e1a in ?? ()
#39 0x2806dd94 in ?? ()
(gdb)
####

# location of files that where not found by the linux-jdk
[root@mortus]/usr/compat/linux/lib% ll libpthread.so.0
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  - 17 Aug 22 21:37 libpthread.so.0@ ->
libpthread-0.9.so
[root@mortus]/usr/compat/linux/lib% ll libpthread-0.9.so
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  - 558014 Apr  6  2001 libpthread-0.9.so*

( do i need to maybe create a symlink from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0 > to
/usr/compat/linux/lib/libpthread.so.0 ?)

# java -version
[root@mortus]/usr/local/resin% java -version
java version "1.4.0_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0_01-b03)

# java args
/usr/local/linux-jdk1.4.0.01/bin/java -Xms32m -Xmx396m

# server uname
[root@mortus]/usr/local/resin% uname -a
FreeBSD mortus.ideathcare.com 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #10: Thu Aug 15
21:58:56 CDT 2002     root@mortus.ideathcare.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MORTUS
i386

#loaded kernel modules
[root@mortus]/usr/compat/linux/lib% kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    2 0xc0100000 2693f4   kernel
 2    1 0xcdffd000 14000    linux.ko

# server linux uname
[root@mortus]/usr/compat/linux/bin% ./bash
bash-2.04# uname -a
Linux mortus.ideathcare.com 2.4.2 FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #10: Thu Aug 15
21:58:56 CDT 2002
    root@mo i386 unknown

#if you need anymore info please just ask and i will send it.

Thanks
jps