Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 1997 00:05:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Eliuk <cagey@kevin.sunshine.net>
To:        Alex Marquardt <intertec@pair.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD install

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Alex Marquardt wrote:

> I have tried unsuccessfully to install FreeBSD onto two systems. I
> will get all the way past the menus and installation. Right after it
> finishes copying the last of the files from my DOS partition it gives me
> this massage: "Information Dialog: Saving any boot -c changes to new
> kernel..." when it gets there it stops. I've waited for 10 minutes one
> time and it stayed there. It also makes a beeeeeeeeeep sound on my PC's
> internal speaker. FYI, I've tried to install bin, info, doc, manpages
> and xfree86; I tried this again without the xfree86 without any luck.
> I've also tried bin, doc and manpages; still no go. Can anyone help?
> Thanks a lot.

It would be helpful to include descriptions of version, computer, etc.

> Alex Marquardt
? Which version are you installing.

If it is 2.2.1 then I recommend:

First remake your boot.flp - your problem could be here.

You may want to try installinging the binaries first, do your post
configure and then boot the new system. If this fails, consider floppy
install. * Remember to format your floppies with whatever you are using
for file copy and to create a \bin directory on each floppy.
			(15 1.44MB floppies)

Login, su to root, and /stand/sysinstall and enter post install and add
the distributions that you want.

Good luck.
				|  \    kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net     /  |
  				|    \	     Kevin G. Eliuk        /    |