Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:11:11 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "stuart richardson" <stuart_richardson@msn.com>
Cc:        "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: installation problem

Start over but this time remove all expansion boards in your PC. Remove
modem card, sound card, Nic card, just a plain basic PC.  If your
motherboard has any of those functions built into it then use bio setup to
turn them off.

Is your hard drive IDE ata 66 or 33.  The ata 33 Hard drive looks the same
as a ata 66. Older motherboards only support ata 33 HD and when a ata 66 HD
is plugged in the HD steps down to ata 33. I had this problem where my PC
motherboard supported ata 33 and I had a ata 66 HD using a ata 33 ribbon to
connect the HD to the motherboard. System worked in windows but FBSD install
hung at the same place as you are. Used a ata 33 HD and FBSD install
completed. Check it out.