Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2007 08:46:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Stan Halprin <stanhalprin@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Clutz-Proof Logging

8376----- Original Message ----=0AFrom: Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com=
>=0A>I am not certain if you are using X or console.=0A=0Aconsole=0A=0A>As =
far as file editing is concerned if the file is important to you then you m=
ight =0A>want to try saving a snapshot when you open the file and use a sma=
ll script to =0A>both save the snapshot and do a diff report that stores th=
e differences between =0A>the file when you opened it and when you saved it=
. opened. That way you always >have as permanent a record as you wish to ke=
ep.=0A=0AWhat is a snapshot? I could just make a backup copy of it, which i=
s what I was thinking of doing, and revert if necessary. Of course, that su=
pposes I remember to do that :/ I was hoping for some program smarter than =
me.=0AThanks,=0AStan=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A_____________________________________=