Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:50:23 GMT
From:      Joerg Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/102217: no driver for HP J2585A DeskDirect 10/100VG LAN Adapter

The following reply was made to PR kern/102217; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joerg Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To: Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc: admin@lissyara.su, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org,
	freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 21:41:10 +0200

 As Juergen Lock wrote:

 > ...  The driver seemed to work with the J2585B card, talking to the
 > 100VG hub, but it still exhibited a strange problem that the DOS and
 > linux drivers I looked at didnt seem to have (for which Joerg had
 > already found a workaround tho), and, unlike the linux driver, it
 > didnt do DMA.

 I probably don't have any of that hardware anymore at all.  The EISA
 stuff that could actually talk VGanyLAN at all is long since gone,
 maybe the PCI card is still in a cabinet but it could only talk
 Ethernet anyway.