Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 07:01:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      James McNaughton <jtm63@enteract.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   asclock.org leads to porn sites

I don't know if anyone else has reported this, but the www.asclock.org
url -- which is linked to on the ports page at freebsd.org --
spawns multiple windows and sends you to random pornography sites
which solicit membership. And it takes a fare amount of clicking to
get rid of these annoying commercial announcements since killing the
windows or hitting the "back" button spawns even more windows with
more porography sites.

I'm no prude, but I object to the practice of automated flooding of
commercial messages in wy web browser. Also, just imagine if one had
accessed www.asclock.org from work where the firewall logs and flags
pornography sites as a violation of company policy. How would you
explain to your boss how you came to access a website that advertised
"Erotic Teenagers" and the 10 or so other hits that happened as you
furiously tried to close all the windows?

    "Gee Mr. Smith, I hate to let you go but we can't allow a
    pedophile to download that filth here. I hope the therapy works
    out."

I think the link ought to be removed from the FreeBSD website. Please
forward this to whomever is responsible for making such decisions.

James McNaughton