Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 06:11:27 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports suggestion

I oopsed. I seem to have given a 'make install' in the ../ports/www
directory. During all this installation activity a number of popups
passed across the screen. Interactive popups.

Even so it took quite a while for me to figure out what had happened.
I mean, this is a new box so a couple of popups is ok. And with
the recurse and all, anything can happen. It was not until the
Java Beans SDK was reported missing that I smelled something
rotten in the state of Denmark.

So this brings me to my small suggestion. Why not make it so that
a simple Yes/No query will be asked (INTERACTIVE) in every non
leaf directory? Questions will be asked anyway, so what does one
(or several) more matter?

Not having that question does. Believe you me <g>.

Roelof