Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:34:01 -0400
From:      media@ct1.nai.net
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   doing my part to destroy the rainforest

I am running 3.4R on a 133/586.  My printer is an HP OfficeJet (a DeskJet
500 as far as printing is concerned).  I am using apsfilter.  The test
pages come out fine, however I seem to be wasting quite a bit of paper
while printing man pages.  For example:

# man -t ppp | lpr

Produces a number of pages with only one line.  This doesn't happen on
every other page.

# man -t bash | lpr

produced a pile of pages with only one or two lines.  I've read man troff
(but I didn't print it :), yet I can't seem to figure out a way to prevent
these one-line and two-line pages.

Any ideas??