Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 20:57:54 -0500
From:      Patrick Whalen <patrickwhalen@mac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIC

I am a macintosh user who has been drawn into FreeBSD because of Mac OS
X. I've just completed my first installation of 4.6.2 on an older
Compaq Presario.

Everything has gone well, except that I can't seem to get my network
card to work. It is a Siemens SpeedStream 1020. How do I know which
driver to choose when configuring the kernel at the very beginning of
installation? If the proper driver is not listed, then how do I install
one?

This NIC is listed as compatible, so it should work.

I appreciate any help

thanks,
patrick