Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 14:50:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      BWS - Offwhite <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Eric Kozowski <eric@svjava.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.4 to 4.0

The instructions that you NEED to follow are at...

/usr/src/UPDATING

Read them carefully and be very sure you have a solid backup.  This method
of upgrading the system from source across a major version can be
tricky.  Most people avoid it and simply do a fresh install starting at
4.0 to avoid any issue with doing the source upgrade.

Once you are at 4.0RELEASE, going to STABLE or even 4.1 using source
should not be all that difficult.

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

Microsoft: Will you get a macro virus today?
http://www.greasydaemon.com/noms/ <- Why avoid MS?