Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:23:49 -0600
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Security problems

Greeting,
I had my ISP run a scan on my firewall/router.
They used the Nessus software to test it.

It found the following problems:

. Warning found on port general/tcp
    The remote host uses non-random IP IDs, that is, it is
    possible to predict the next value of the ip_id field of
    the ip packets sent by this host.

    An attacker may use this feature to determine if the remote
    host sent a packet in reply to another request. This may be
    used for portscanning and other things.

.  Nmap found that this host is running Apple AirPort Wireless Hub Base
Station
     v3.x

. Vulnerability found on port general/udp :

    It was possible to crash the
    remote server using the linux 'zero fragment' bug.

    A cracker may use this flaw to prevent your
    network from working properly.

    Risk factor : High

Do I have to worry about these?  How do I fix them?

Any help greatly appreciated.

-Darryl