Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:51:11 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        ed mill <needinfo@juno.com>, FreeBsD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Service unavailable to   grog@lemis.com or grog@freebie.lemis.com

[Format autorecovered at freebie.lemis.com]

On Monday, 12 October 1998 at 15:45:00 -0400, ed mill wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Oct 1998 14:21:18 +0930 From:Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> writes:
>>> From: needinfo@juno.com
>>> Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 02:26:43 EDT

>>> thank you so much for your considerate and informative information.
>>> first impression are just that and your's is great.
>>>
>>> we have an interest in bsd dos binaries, to everything relating to bsd
>>> code.   from your view point, what code or other stuff is needed by bsd?
>>> that is what was really meant by the request.
>>>
>>> I've told you where to start:  Please leave -hackers alone until you
>>> know how to express yourself.
>>
>> Subject: Returned mail: Service unavailable
>> Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 02:27:40 -0400 (EDT)
>>    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
>> grog@lemis.com and 19981010142118.Q3369@freebie.lemis.com
>>    ----- Transcript of session follows -----   While talking to
>> freebie.lemis.com.:
>> Mail rejected.  See www.lemis.com/dontspam.html
>> Service unavailable while talking to allegro.lemis.com and grog@lemis.com and
>> 19981010142118.Q3369@freebie.lemis.com Mail rejected Service unavailable
>> grog@freebie.lemis.com Action: failed to all accounts
>

> HI GREG,

Hi, Ed.  To make reading this message even bearable, I'm converting it
to all lower case.

See what you wrote above:

>> Mail rejected.  See www.lemis.com/dontspam.html

> in that message we asked you to answer the request in your own terms and
> condition.
>
>  the question is:   what do you, greg, think is needed by bsd?
>
> that is all we were trying to say.   the following is what we tried to
> send to you earlier.

Yes, you've repeated that question several times.  I still don't know
what your real question is.

> we prefer all caps it looks better and as more people the use this method
> of communication, the useless ideas and conventions of the past will fall
> be the way side.

That's your choice, of course.  As far as I am concerned, I find it a
real pain.  I normall delete messages written in ALL CAPS without
reading them.

> like the use of all caps in the case and the
> telegraph, smoke signals, and the drum lead other cases.we prefer all
> caps it looks better and as more people the use this method of
> communication, the useless ideas and conventions of the past will fall be
> the way side.

I think all caps fit well into this category.

> like the use of all caps in the case and the telegraph, smoke
> signals, and the drum lead other cases.

I don't really understand this sentence either.

It took me about 5 minutes to reformat this message until it was even
vaguely legible.  Having done so, I still don't find any useful
content.  The reason why your message is being rejected is stated at
http://www.lemis.com/dontspam.html: Juno is a known spam harvester, so
we block them.  I'd strongly recommend getting a reputable ISP.

Greg