Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 1996 08:33:54 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        chuckr@Glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org (FreeBSD documentation list)
Subject:   Re: How do I write this SGML stuff?

It seems that Chuck Robey said:
> that trivially in either troff or LaTeX, but I can't find any in the
> handbook, and there's no explanation anywhere I can find.  I could even
> turn on underlining, only one kind of emphasis.  The idea of having to go
> thru thousands of lines looking for one example, it makes it too hard to

To be honest, if you know LaTeX, you know the Linuxdoc DTD. Instead of \em,
you just  use <em/.../  or  <em>...</em>.That  was  part  of this reason  I
recommended using the Linuxdoc and started  using it for  the FAQ two years
ago.

At the time, there was no real tool to generate text,  HTML, LaTeX from a a
common source document. The Linuxdoc is far from perfect but at the time it
seemed one of the best solution... :-)
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #6: Tue Jun  4 00:25:26 MET DST 1996