Date:      Fri, 07 Jul 2000 09:18:30 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Parts of sendmail seem to be missing

I have not run sendmail on my systems as I receive mail elsewhere and
felt that it was mostly a potential pain in the neck. As a result, I
had 'sendmail_enable="NO"' in my rc.conf.

For various reasons (including the fact that my system is now behind a
firewall) I decided to start running sendmail and deleted that line
from my rc.conf. I then CVSUPed (7/6 @ 18:00 UTC), rebuilt my system
and tried to set up sendmail. Everything looked fine with the
appropriate files in /etc/mail, but when I tried to invoke sendmail it
get: sendmail: execing /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail: No such file or
directory

I get about the same error using mail(1).

Any idea what is missing here? The /usr/libexec/sendmail directory
exists, but is empty. /usr/src/libexec does not contain a sendmail
directory at all. The man pages for sendmail are 2 years old and make
no reference to any file in libexec.

Any clue as to what I'm missing?

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)