Date:      Sun, 3 Jan 1999 14:30:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@megaweapon.zigg.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How's the latest -SNAP?

As smoothly as aout-to-elf seems to be going along, I'm going to
be hitting the sysinstall freshly when I'm ready to move my main
machine to 3.0 in a couple weeks.  (Reasoning is too long to go
into here, but they include more garbage than is worth tracking
down from ports that have misbehaved in the past and left files
strewn all about /usr/local as well as the need for a different
partitioning scheme to faciliate new hard drives I'm bringing in.)

My questions are these:

1.  Are the SNAPs fully ELF?

2.  Are the new bootloaders used?

3.  What is the shape of installing from the SNAP in general?  Any
gotchas?

TIA.  (I couldn't find much from the archives.)

- Matt "Zigg" Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
  Network Administrator, zigg.com <http://www.zigg.com/>;
  Engineer, Nameless IRC Network <http://www.nameless.net/>;