Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 14:52:51 -0500
From:      Bill Farina <bfarina@venture-1.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Virtual User Table Trouble

I can't seem to get virtusertable to run.  I've enabled it in sendmail.cf
with the line;

	Kvirtusertable hash -o /etc/virtusertable

I've created virtusertable in /etc, inserted the following line:

	xyz@venture-1.com               bfarina

and then I run;

	makemap hash virtusertable < virtusertable

This creates virtusertable.db.  I restart sendmail and I get the following
error when I try to send to it:

	<xyz@venture-1.com>
	... while talking to ns.venture-1.com.:
	>>> RCPT To:<xyz@venture-1.com>
	<<< 550 <xyz@venture-1.com>... User unknown
	550 <xyz@venture-1.com>... User unknown

	Reporting-MTA: dns; mendota.terracom.net

The message that I get when I try to send from within the server is;

	The recipient "xyz@venture-1.com" is not acceptable
	to your SMTP server.  The message is not sendable
	until the recipient has been changed.

Anyone have any clues as to what I'm doing wrong here?

Bill