Date:      Wed, 9 May 2001 20:28:02 -0500
From:      Jon Dugan <jdugan@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   rsync woes

  I finally managed to get a clean rsync from ftp-master this afternoon.

  I had a heck of a time getting rsync to run all the way through.  I am using
  2.4.6 and the command line Peter suggested.  I must've run it 10 times over
  the last 5 days trying to get a full copy.

  It would just silently die once in a while -- in particular trying to get
  ISO images, but not exclusively.  The output of -vvvvv showed this: (I only
  have one -vvvvv run logged)

    recv_files(releases/alpha/ISO-IMAGES/4.2-install.iso)
    recv mapped releases/alpha/ISO-IMAGES/4.2-install.iso of size 685191168
    releases/alpha/ISO-IMAGES/4.2-install.iso
    deflate on token returned 0 (16384 bytes left)
    unexpected EOF in read_timeout
    unexpected EOF in read_timeout

  This sounds like the problem Daniel Lang reported on the 3rd.  Anyone else
  seen this?

Jon
--
Jon Dugan             |  Senior Network Engineer, NCSA Network Development
jdugan@ncsa.uiuc.edu  |  57C CAB, 605 E Springfield, Champaign, IL 61820