Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:40:55 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        FUJISHIMA Satsuki <sf@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        will@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: qt doesn't compile with -O

--K8nIJk4ghYZn606h

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 09:27:26PM +0900, FUJISHIMA Satsuki wrote:
> After repeatedly failing to compile x11-toolkits/qt{145,22} on
> -CURRENT, I've finally come to conclusion that qt can't be compiled
> with -O due to black magic of prereleased gcc-2.95.3.
[.. information about problems ..]

I have heard many reports of problems with -CURRENT and QT.
Unfortunately, I don't have a -CURRENT machine up-to-date enough to have
GCC 2.95.3 installed (but may in the near future).  Nevertheless, I can
test on ref5.FreeBSD.org, and will test your patch on my 4-STABLE
machines as well to ensure that it doesn't break there.

In any case, a PORTREVISION bump is not necessary since the packing list
doesn't change, and for -current the ABI hasn't changed either (to my
knowledge).  So older -CURRENT can run qt compiled with
-frerun-cse-after-loop.  And since newer -CURRENT couldn't compile it
previously, there is no point in a PORTREVISION bump.

Thanks for your analysis, I appreciate it!

--=20
wca

--K8nIJk4ghYZn606h

--K8nIJk4ghYZn606h--