Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 1998 19:42:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        "Bart (The Good Guy) Trzynadlowski" <trzy@powernet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound Compatibility

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Bart (The Good Guy) Trzynadlowski wrote:

>I have got a REALLY crappy card. Its made by Digital Research Technologies
>(www.dr-tech.com i believe) and it is called the MWAVE3D. I noticed it is
>Sound Blaster compatible and I also think it is MPU-401 compatible. But the
>company doesn't have any drivers for BSD or any UNIX for that matter. They
>called me a "very bad boy". Some tech support...
>	Anyway, should I try to download some Sound Blaster drivers for UNIX (when
>I get FreeBSD) and see if any work with my card?

If you have the source code then you already have these drivers. Read the
handbook online for good instructions on sound cards.

YMMV. Some cards do not fake being a sound blaster very well. I ended up
grabbing an old SB16 and all my troubles vanished.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/