Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 05:13:44 -0500
From:      jbw <j.bw@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Juniper IOS install woes on FreeBSD machine

From what I do remember you can run JunOS on non-Juniper hardware but you
cannot install on top of FreeBSD even though it is based on it.  When I
was doing some consulting work at a major carrier they had a Juniper lab set up
made up of dedicated PCs that they installed the JunOS on.  You need a
dedicated hard drive and it only supports certain NICs.  I was going
to set it up on spare hard drive that I had for my laptop but becuase
it only supported certain NICs I didn't bother with the additional expense
of purchasing a NIC to install it.  Also if I remember correctly the version
of the JunOS that you can install on a PC is called Olive or something like
that.

jbw