Date:      Sun, 20 Dec 1998 21:24:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Drew C Morone <drew@j51.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Slow routing on subnet

Hi there,

I'm using a P90 with 32Megs RAM w/FBSD 2.2.2 as a router. We have a class
C busted into 8 subnets. The first 2 are on our ethernet, and the others
are connected through dedicated dialups on a terminal server. I am using
routed, and have ipforwarding set to YES.
There is also a cisco router connecting us to the internet via T1 line.
The problem is that things are very slow between the first 2 subnets. If I
copy something from a machine in the .0 network to the .32 network, it's
about 100x slower. If I copy a file withing the same subnet, it's fine.
They are both on ethernet and should be fast. Any ideas?

Drew