Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:38:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Setting proxy server

	Hi all.  I know someone mentioned this a little while back, but I
can't seem to find the email on it anywhere.  What file do you edit to set
the proxy server settings for your fbsd box?

	What I've got is kinda wierd, and I kinda know how to resolve it,
but I need help finding the right file and settings to do this.

	We've got a manager we're setting up an ultra-secure lan for.
He's somewhat paranoid of anyone outside of his department cruising onto
his lan and seeing anything.  So I'm having to set up a proxy server that
prevents all normal access in and out of the lan while allowing limited
internet and wan access to his employees.  The catch is this.  All traffic
in and out of his lan has to go through the proxy server.  Hence users can
access the company webpages via their browser, and FTP sites but that's
about it.

	The server I'm trying to setup proxy settings on will be sitting
behind the proxy server and serves as a basic file and sendmail server
only.  SO, in order to do maintenance on the box, CVsup updates and such,
I need to setup the box to use the proxy for FTP and HTTP access.

	Can anyone tell me the file and the settings to make this work?
Thanks.