Date:      Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:20:28 +0100
From:      "A. I. Sinclair" <aisinclair@zapp.ch>
To:        <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: bind9-9.2.2.rc1

Hi,

I am running freebsd 4.7 stable.

I read this http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.7R/errata.html

which points me to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-02:43.bind.asc

which recoomends that I upgrade to bind 9 and says to read :

/usr/local/share/doc/bind9/misc/migration

Now the problem is the above does not exist and I suspect that I need to install the bind 9 port before it's created, which is a bit
like putting the cart before the horse. I would like to read the notes before I install the port as I am running bind 8 i.e. I have
a live nameserver and would like to know what is involved before I do the install. Also there may some prparation to do before
installing the port.

Is there another place where I can see the above migration notes?

A search o the web did not give me any links.

TIA for any help.

Thanks/Regards

Abraham Sinclair

EmbassyLinks : http://embassylinks.com
CD Online : http://c-d.org
The home of the Diplomatic Community on the web.

European Tennis Network : http://euro-tennis.net
Online Shopping, Sponsorships and other Resources.

The AIS Project : http://a-i-s.org
The Alternate Internet System.

IRON : http://root-dns.org
Independent Root (Server) Operator's Network.