Date:      Mon, 25 May 1998 18:40:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Current improvements to SMP and other things

I am going to be unavailable for Tue through Fri this week, but also want
to make available the current status of my work on SMP and threads improvements.
Not all of the threads improvements that I have been working on in conjunction
with the threads team are in these diffs, but most of the kernel infrastructure
for context switches are in place.

Note that there is improved context switching, working SMP vfork, moved the
prezero code out of the idle loop, synchronized TLB flushing, minimal affinity
support and many other things in this.

For those running recent -current, I would appreciate feedback on this.  It
might take some energy to use this, and it requires a new rebuild of libkvm
and ps, but you might note that SMP works noticably better with this.

If you don't want to play with this, feel free just to review it for fun :-).

http://www.freebsd.org/~dyson/sys25may98.diff.gz

John