Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:41:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nick Popoff <nick@accelica.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem building 4.1-STABLE today

I cvsuped STABLE around lunch today and I'm having trouble compiling.
The problem I'm seeing is in the install phase when it creates the
/usr/include directories.  From what I can tell, it deletes most of the
directories there, then uses mtree to recreate them before running
'install' to copy all the header files over.

Unfortunately, the mtree config file is missing some directories such as
/usr/include/dev/ppbus and others, and so install fails when it tries to
place files there.  I'm basically having to comment out lots of the
/usr/src/sys/include Makefile to get it to stop deleting these include
directories so I can create them manually.

Is anyone else running into this?  This is only the second time I've done
a buildworld myself so it definitially could be user error.  :)  I used
the cvsup file found in /usr/share/examples/cvsup called '4.x.stable' I
believe to get the source.  I'm running a Sony Vaio Z505He in case it
matters.  Any advice would be much appreciated!