Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2001 22:08:42 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        dan@langille.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: webpages and CVS - what about CVS/Root etc?

Dan Langille <dan@langille.org> types:
> I know you're out there.  You're using cvs to store your webpages.  How
> do you publish the pages?  Via "cvs update" directly into the document
> root of the website?  If so, what are you doing about files which you may
> not want people to see, such as CVS/Entries?

I've set up a number of clients using Perforce instead of CVS. You can
find the Perforce white paper on it at <URL:
http://search.perforce.com/perforce/wcm.html >, and an old FAQ of mine
that expands on that paper at <URL:
http://public.perforce.com/guest/mike_meyer/WCM-FAQ.html >.

If you have any questions, drop me a note.

	<mike