Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 20:10:59 -0800
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Marcin Cieslak <saper@system.pl>
Cc:        Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: @dirrm for share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES in PLIST

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 09:03:19PM +0100, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
> Right now I am compiling some statistics about the usage of those
> directories, and I suppose that we can have some sort of standard
> there. Provided that PLISTs are correct... :)

There's something people are missing here.  share/locale is where GNU
gettext using ports put their files.  I used to have it set up that the
gettext port would 'rm -rf' the two correct directories (anything using
usr/local/lib/locale or /usr/X11R6/lib/locale is an error).  I've got
some more patches to ports to get them to correctly depend on libintl,
but there are still many more which need to be changed.

The current status is that we just leave these directories.

Regards,
 -Jeremy

--
FreeBSD - Because the best things in life are free...
                                           http://www.freebsd.org/