Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 16:44:26 -0400
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>
To:        "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@bit-net.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world ldconfig -m /usr/X11R6/lib

On Thu, Jun 11, 1998 at 02:17:05AM -0400, Stephen A. Derdau wrote:

> Ever since I did a make world I now have to manually
> run ldconfig -m every time I reboot the system.

Verify that your /etc/rc.conf still has a line like:

ldconfig_paths="/usr/lib/compat /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/local/lib" # shared library search paths

Questions such as this are probably better off in stable@freebsd.org
or current@freebsd.org, depending on the version of FreeBSD that you
are using; barring that, you should at least state what version you
are using, and since you suspect something changed when you made the
world, it would be good to say when your source is from (e.g. last
cvsup).

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com> * Stay close to the Vorlon.
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/pgp.key for PGP public key 0x67203349.