Date:      Tue, 28 May 2002 23:28:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Nguyen-Tuong Long Le <le@cs.unc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Change limit of datasize

Hi all,

I inherited a perl script from my senior grad student that can
sort some input data. When the input file is very large,
perl prints an error message "Out of memory!" and core dumps.

I guess that this is related to the datasize limit and tried
to increase it using "unlimit datasize" but this doesn't seem
to work. I have FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE and perl 5. I use csh.

Can anyone help me out?

Please kindly cc' me your reply since I'm not on the list.

Thanks a lot,
-- long