Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:52:13 -0400
From:      Javier Frias <javier@nyi.net>
To:        "Lester A. Mesa" <netadmin@primex.prontel.net>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How many Virtual Hosts?

Found a way? it's common practice.

if you read past that, you would notice that warning was for the 2.2.x
series.
Read LINT on "maxusers" and "options NMBCLUSTERS". Those are usually
increased
for high volume webservers.

"Lester A. Mesa" wrote:

> According to http://www.apache.org/docs-1.2/misc/FAQ.html#fdlim has anyone
> found a way to run more than 128 to 250 virtual hosts on an Apache Web
> Server 1.3.12 running on FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE?
> Our system is a Rackmount Dual Pentium ]|[ 500, 512MB Ram, u3w SCSI HD.  I
> know that it all depends on how many hits per day the server will be
> getting, though we do not have an approximate amount but I still need to
> prepare the servers to take as many hits as possible and to handle as many
> virtual host as it can.  Any information will be very valuable.
>
> Lester A. Mesa
> lmesa@prontel.com

     MMM           \|/            www            __^__
    (o o)          @ @           (O-O)          /(o o)\
-ooO-(_)-Ooo---oOO-(_)-OOo---oOO--(_)--OOo---oOO==(_)==OOo

        Javier A. Frias <javier@nyi.net>
        Sr. System Administrator

        The New York Internet Company <http://www.nyi.net>;
        20 Exchange Place 21st Floor
        New York, N.Y. 10005

 "Error #152 - Windows not found: (C)heer (P)arty (D)ance"