Date:      Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:19:23 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   linux libraries

Hey folks,

I've got a new linux-lib distfile candidate sitting at
http://www.freebsd.org/~erich/linux_lib-3.0.tar.gz
It contains all of the previous, plus most of the libraries
from the latest redhat.  If you're using the linux emulation for
anything, please have a look-see at this, and send me your
comments.

The .tar.gz is around 15meg, about 45meg extracted.

In particular, I'd like some feedback on:

1) Is this set complete enough?

2) Can we ditch some of the usr/share/terminfo/** baggage?

3) Do we need more usr/X11R6/lib/X11/** baggage?

4) Should the libraries be split to a ``minimal'', and a
   ``boat-anchor'' set?

4) Any other relevant comments.

The linux-devel port will be updated, when I've got a working
set of libraries.

Sorry for the crossposting, but y'all are supposed to have
slocal filter out the dups anyway, right? ;-)

Thanks,
Eric

--
Eric L. Hernes