Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 10:56:53 -0500
From:      "Phillip Rhodes" <rhodespc@rhoderunner.com>
To:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   JDK1.2 make simple question.

Sorry folks...I am trying!!

I am trying to get JDK1.2 built...I have tried 2 different ways and both end
with different errors.  Which is the best way to build JDK 1.2?  Both ways I
try error out on make.

Method 1:  Get the lastest ports.tar.gz and do a build from
/usr/ports/java/jdk12-beta
Build Errors out:
ERROR: Your ALT_BOOTDIR environment variable does not point
       to a valid JDK for bootstrapping this build.
       A JDK 1.2 or 1.2.x build must be bootstrapped against
       a 1.2-V (or later) build. Please update your ALT_BOOTDIR
       setting, or just unset it, and try again.

Method 2:  Get the lastest jdk12-beta.tar.gz.  Extracted path is
/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/java/jdk12-beta
If I do a build here, the build errors out.
===>  Patching for jdk-1.2.2b10
cp:
/usr/home/rhodespc/test/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/java/jdk12-beta/
../../java/jfc/work/swing-1.1.1fcs/*.jar: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

THANK YOU!!  Very appreciative of help.