Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 15:21:27 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, Michael Kalokerinos <kalokerm@globec.com.au>
Subject:   Re: Win95, Linux & FreeBSD Conncetivity

John Baldwin wrote:

> On 12-Apr-00 Person, Roderick wrote:
>> To get FreeBSD to read/write the linux partitions you will need to recompile
>> your kernel and add EXT2FS as an option.
>
> You don't have to do this stuff, it'll kldload the ext2fs.ko kernel module if
> it's not in the kernel when you try to mount a ext2fs file system.

It will?

ben@strontium:~$ ls /modules/e*
zsh: no matches found: /modules/e*

It can try. :-) I've been wondering for a while why there's not ext2fs
module, when most other filesystems are available as modules.  I don't think
this is caused by my system being stale either; I've just cvsupped, and
there's nothing in /sys/modules for ext2fs:

root@magnesium:/usr/local/etc/cvsup# ls /usr/cvs/src/sys/modules/e*
zsh: no matches found: /usr/cvs/src/sys/modules/e*

An oversight, or something else?

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D