Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:50:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/23646: Staroffice 5.2 fails to install on FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE

The following reply was made to PR ports/23646; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, stevedav@pacbell.net
Cc: 3d@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:41:25 +0100 (CET)

 > Also Staroffice fails to install from the CDROM, even when mounted
 > to /cdrom and using:
 > make WITH_CDROM=yes

 I just did an install from the StarOffice 5.2 CD-ROM
 under FreeBSD-CURRENT.

 There I used

     export CD_MOUNTPT=/cdrom
     make -DWITH_CDROM

 and it worked fine.

 The only problems I experience are related to printing larger files.

 Regards,
 Marc

 P.S. some side note

 As you know, the installation is two part. First the
 distribution gets installed, in a second step one has to
 do a user-specific installation.

 So today I tried if I could change the symlink

    /usr/local/office5.2

 to the installation directory on a Linux box.

 And it turned out that this works as well, so I just
 keep my user-specific installation.

 M.