Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 1997 22:11:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Drew Derbyshire <ahd@kew.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   NEC and bootable CD-ROMS

In reference to the QNX bootable floppy, my NEC Ready 9618 is quite
happy to boot off the IDE CD-ROM -- the recovery CD-ROM runs DOS
(gack!) to restore the hard drive back to the factory state.  Any
clue how standard their method is and it is worth including the
proper boot blocks on the FreeBSD CD-ROM?  It would be _real_ nice
to be able to boot a new or toasted FreeBSD system without going
into DOS Mode.

I'll be happy to dump the first first blocks of the CD if an
interested party sends a command line (dd?) along to have me dump
it.

-ahd-