Date:      Tue, 08 May 2001 08:38:23 -0700
From:      Fred Gilham <gilham@csl.sri.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Toshiba 8100 and old wavelan --- which freebsd version?

Hi,

I've got a toshiba tecra 8100.  I have been using a Lucent Wavelan
(the old kind that is supported by the wlp driver).

For some time I've been running FreeBSD 3.3 on it.  I'd like to
upgrade.  What should I upgrade to?

This laptop hasn't been the easiest to use under FreeBSD --- for
example, it didn't boot the installation floppies for FreeBSD after
version 3.3.  Anyone else using this laptop?  What setup are you
using?  I would like to upgrade to some version of 4 at least.

Thanks,
---
Fred Gilham                                   gilham@csl.sri.com
I was storing data in every conceivable way, including keeping a chain
of sound waves running between the speaker and the microphone. There
was no more memory left to be had....