Date:      Tue, 18 May 1999 16:42:23 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Udo Wolter <udo.wolter@charite.de>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FXTV missing channels

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Roger Hardiman wrote:

> > BTW.: Is it normal that the TV card has to be placed in
> >       the first PCI slot ?
>
> No. I have 3 Bt878 cards in one machine. The slot does not
> matter.
>
> Do you have an old motherboard?

No, one of the newest: ASUS P2B-F (Intel BX chipset)

I know that it's not a good decision to buy new computer hardware, but before
I bought it I thought it has been produced for a while (I've only seen P2B...).

> I think some old PCI chipsets had restrictions on which
> slots could be bus masters.

It seems that this board also have this restriction.

Bye,
        Udo
--
Udo Wolter, email: uwp@i.am, www: http://i.am/uwp