Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:26:11 +0100
From:      "Aleksandar Simic'" <alex@frustum.clara.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Joel Dinel <dinjo@touchtunes.com>
Subject:   Re: META key

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 10:12:03AM -0400, Joel Dinel wrote:

> Someone asked me this and I couldn't answer them, so here goes:
>
> Is there a way to "remap" the META key to the left ALT key?

If you are going to be using it under X Windows then look at xmodmap.

eg:
 $ xmodmap -pke > ~/.Xmodmap
 $ emacs ~/.Xmodmap
and then you edit it to your needs

If you are going to be using it on the console look at the
/usr/share/syscons/keymaps/us.emacs.kbd.

Good luck,

--Alex

-- M-x spook --
counter-intelligence David John Oates FSF cypherpunk nuclear
arrangements Honduras World Trade Center Taleban PLO