Date:      Thu, 3 Sep 1998 11:10:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        leo@wau.mis.ah.nl (Leo Weppelman)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: called-back, rejects and auto hangup

Leo Weppelman wrote:

> > > When things are not working as they should, the actions in the log
> > > indicate that the reject never arrives at my machine at home. This means
> > > that at my end, the incoming call is not recognized because the connection
> > > entry is still active (still dialing....).
> >
> > If i recall it correctly, a non-answered SETUP takes 8 seconds to cause
> > a reaction at the remote end. Then you should at least 10..12 seconds after
> > the initial call to the remote receive something. If not, something is
> > wrong, wherever it is.
>
> The trace, as I read it, basically says:
>     21:19:40 SETUP from home to work
>     21:19:45 ALERT from work [ this was the 'ringing' - other thread ? ]
>     21:19:45  - Other end rejects and hangs up (as seen in the remote logs)
>     21:19:47 INCOMING call from remote, not accepted by i4b (entry busy)

I think Gary said it already: the remote calls back almost immediately; long
before the local call to the remote is disconnected - this can be seen
from the traces you sent me in private mail.

This situation is not being handled by isdnd due to internal design
limitations - changing this will be a major undertaking.

The only help for this situation is, to delay the callback from the remote
for a time it takes to disconnect the local to the remote.

If the remote were a i4b machine, i'd say "increase the callbackwait entry
parameter for this call to the time it takes to disconnect the local out-
going call". I'm quite shure (this was a Linux machine IIRC) that i4l has
something similar to tune the delay time; this it the knob to tune for this
situation.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
  A duck is like a bicycle because they both have two wheels except the duck