Date:      Tue, 09 Jul 2002 10:27:15 +0200
From:      jonsonn <jonsonn@gmx.net>
To:        Volzhan <s_volzhan@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, jdp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VPN pptp-client problem...

Volzhan wrote:
> Hi all!
> I have such a problem with VPN-client based on pptpclient:

> FreeBSD is setting at my ad0s3 slice, but at ad0s1 I've M$ win98 with LAN
> VPN support. And I have no any problem with inet in M$.

> ppp.conf>
> VPN:
>  enable chap
> # enable MSCHAPv2 - I tried with these strings, but it doesn't works.
> # disable deflate pred1
> # deny deflate pred1
> # accept MSCHAPv2
>  set authname Authname
>  set authkey Authkey
>  set timeout 0
>  set ifaddr 0 0
>  add 192.168.12.0/24 HISADDR
>  alias enable yes

i assume that windows is set up to receive everything from the peer,
maybe you should try and replace
'add 192.168.12.0/24 HISADDR' with 'add HISADDR HISADDR'

for me, pptpclients just works fine with:
MNET:
  set authname me
  set authkey mypasswd
  set timeout 0
  set ifaddr 0 0
  add HISADDR HISADDR

> ppp-secret>
> #Authname   Authkey
> XXXX        YYYY

you won't need ppp-secrets with pptpclient

 > uname -a>
 > FreeBSD sv 4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #0: Mon Jan 28 14:31:56
GMT 2002

for me, pptpclient (as well as mpd as client) was running unstable until
i upgraded to 4.6-stable, but is was running 4.3-release, maybe on 4.5
it will be ok

hope that was helpfull
best regards
jonas