Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:37:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Harald Schmalzbauer <Harald.Schmalzbauer@gmx.de>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: yet another vinum panic (was How to debug - find error?)

:Hello,
:
:I just did another view tests. This time I took one single disk and copied
:till the disk was smoking; without errors.
:The I created a concat plex with vinum. A view Gigs later, still on the
:first disk:
:
:mode = 070140, inum=10332741, fs=/backup
:panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc
:
:Please can anyone help me!
:
:I really need this box running.
:
:Is there any other volume manager except ccd/vinum?
:
:Thanks,
:
:-Harry

    Harry, could you describe the exact configuration of your disks and vinum,
    and describe (in general) the contents of the disk you were copying and
    the exact test you were doing that reproduced the above problem?

    ccd and vinum are the only choices at the moment.  Were you getting
    similar problems with ccd?

						-Matt