Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 1997 07:33:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck <crtb@capecod.net>
To:        Zahemszky Gabor <zgabor@CoDe.hu>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, crtb@capecod.net
Subject:   Re: How about a tar file system?

On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Zahemszky Gabor wrote:
> > Question 2:
> > I'd really like it if I could use dd to copy a DOS floppy, and then
> > mount_msdos the image file.  Any guidelines on how to implement that?
>
> man 8 vnconfig
>
> make a new kernel with pseudo-device vn, reboot,
> vnconfig -c /dev/vn0c /msdos_image
> mount -t msdos /dev/vn0c /mnt
>
> After use,
> umount /mnt
> vnconfig -u /dev/vn0c

Thanks!  RTFM is an easy answer, but ah, the NAME of the FM to R, that
is the hard part!

So, I'm half way there.  My real desire is to be able to take files in
arbitrary formats, such as tar, tar.gz, cpio, or .bkp.  With a driver
for each format, pseudo-device vn should allow me to mount any of these.
Mounting RW may be difficult for some, but RO should be fairly simple.

> Gabor

	Chuck Bacon - crtb@capecod.net
		ABHOR SECRECY -- PROTECT PRIVACY